To celebrate Public Power Week, which starts today, Seattle City Light invites you to join our photo scavenger hunt.
We hope you’ll have some fun and learn about the many benefits that come from the community’s ownership of City Light. You might even win a Skagit Tours package, too.
- Find as many of the examples as you can of the public power benefits listed below. Hint, search our website for how to find them.
- Take a picture of each one
- Post them to an online album viewable by the public – Facebook, Flickr, Picassa, Pinterest, you choose.
- When you’ve posted all your photos, send us an email at email@example.com with a link to your album. You are encouraged to share some of your best with us along the way with a Tweet to @seacitylight or with a tag or mention on Facebook (Seattle City Light).
We’ll accept entries until Oct. 31, 2013, at noon.
The first person to submit an album with photos of all the examples from City Light’s list will win a 2014 Skagit Tours package for four people.
If no one submits a complete album, the person who submits the most photos from the list by noon Oct. 31, will be declared the winner.
In the event of a tie, the person who submitted the most photos earliest, as determined by the date/time stamp on their email, will be the winner.
Additionally, we’ve got some fun giveaways for people who submit great photos. These will be given out based entirely on our artistic subjectivity. We promise to wear black berets when making the decisions.
The fine print.
The winner of the Skagit Tours package will be able to select the date for their tour from the 2014 schedule based on availability. An early reservation will provide the most options.
Photos submitted must be original photos taken by the participant.
By participating, you agree to allow City Light to use of your photos for contest and utility promotional purposes.
City of Seattle employees as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, and children) are not eligible to win prizes but may participate.
PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT LIST
- Your meter
- Transmission tower
- Neighborhood transformer on a pole
- Twist and Save promotion materials
- Ross Dam
- Gorge Dam
- Diablo Dam
- Boundary Dam
- Cedar Falls Dam
- South Fork Tolt Dam
- Skagit River
- Pend Oreille River
- Stateline Wind Project
- Solar picnic shelters at Jefferson Park
- Seattle Aquarium, where we’re building our next Community Solar project
1% for the Arts
- Map design hatchcover
- Flower design hatchcover
- Tlingit whale design hatchcover
- Cartoon faces design hatchcover
- “Cascades” glass art
- Denny Substation mural artwork
- Renewable Energy Demo Projects
- Solar panels at Woodland Park Zoo
- Solar panels at one of 30+ school and community locations
- Hot water solar panels at the aquarium
- A VendingMiser vending machine
- LED lights at EMP
- West Seattle Thriftway Store lights
- Seattle City Light electric vehicle
- Penguin exhibit at Woodland Park Zoo
- Paramount Theater sign
- Skagit Tours direct mail
- Diablo Lake Boat
- Old Number Six
- Ladder Creek Falls
- Skagit General Store
- Skagit Fudge
- Gorge Powerhouse
- Ross Powerhouse
- Diablo Powerhouse
- Highway 20
- Goodell Creek Campground
- Newhalem Powerhouse
- Skagit Information Center
- Gorge Inn
- Trail of the Cedars
- Ross Crypt
- Davis Powerhouse
- City of Diablo
- City of Newhalem
- Incline Railway
- Ross Lake Resort
- A salmon
- A photo of Duwamish Hill Preserve
- An osprey
- Beaver dams
- City Light staff at Green Up outreach event
- Sonic Bloom
Green Up Top 25
- University of Washington
- Seattle University
- Starbucks in SODO
- King County Chinook Building
- US GSA
- Seattle Public Utilities
- McCallum Print Group
- Antioch University
- Shoreline City Hall
- North Cascades Environmental Learning Center
- Theo Chocolate
- Northgate Civic Center
- Opus NW
- Charter Construction
- Institute for Systems Bio
- Chief Seattle Club
- The Schuster Group
- Genelex Corp.
- Measurement Tech. NW
- Montlake Community Center
- City Light yellow truck
- Your lights – ON!
- LED streetlight
- City Light online outage map
- Construction Notice Sign
- City Light Substation
- Payment Drop Box
- A CFL light bulb in your home
- Shrinking Bigfoot calendar
- Project Share
- A copy of Light Reading
- Your Emergency Preparedness kit or a Take Winter By Storm checklist
- A Seattle City Light brochure
- A brochure in a different language than your native tongue
- A City Light public meeting
- Cedar River (Homeward Bound location)
- A City Light employee and a customer (together)
- Your favorite part of being part of a publicly owned utility!