PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES WITH OUR LIFE SUPPORT EQUIPMENT PROGRAM
City Light is committed to ensuring that all of our customers have reliable power. This is especially important to those who depend on life support equipment. If someone in your home is dependent on this equipment, we provide assistance to help you maintain safety during planned and unplanned outages.
When you enroll for Life Support Equipment assistance, City Light will provide:
- Notification when planned outages will occur
- Notification of unplanned outages lasting longer than eight hours
- Assistance with maintaining electrical service if you fall behind in paying your bill
- A note on your account that indicates your participation in the program so we can keep you informed
To enroll, you or a family member can print and complete the enrollment application on our website. Please note: you will need to have a licensed healthcare provider complete the certification form. Contact your physician’s office if you need further assistance. Once complete, email or mail the form to City Light as directed on the form.
Once enrolled, we will add a code to your account that indicates your participation in the program, alerting our staff of your documented medical needs.
You must update your information annually to remain enrolled in this program.
For more information about this program and tips for managing outages with life support equipment, visit City Light’s Life Support Equipment webpage.
FOLLOW CITY LIGHT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay up-to-date with City Light on social media! From project information to fun facts about the utility, to updates on outage restorations, follow, like and share!
ENROLL IN THE UTILITY DISCOUNT PROGRAM
Seattle City Light and Seattle Public Utilities have created a Utility Discount Program self-certification form for income-eligible customers, which expedites the enrollment process. Income qualified customers receive 60% off their City Light bills and 50% off their Seattle Public Utilities bills. To find out if you are an income-eligible residential customer, visit the City of Seattle’s UDP webpage.
SIGN UP FOR E-BILLING
Enjoy the convenience of paying your bill online! Sign up today for E-Billing and take advantage of these perks:
- Pay using a credit card, debit card, or checking account number
- Set-up recurring payments or one-time payments
- Access to information about your daily energy use (if you have an advanced meter)
- Easy sign up for budget billing
- Enhanced customer service tools
- Be Green! Less paper!
Sign up today on the Utility Services Website.
Storms can lead to downed power lines. If you see a power line on the ground, always assume it is electrified. Stay at least 20 feet away and call 911.
Seattle City Light crews are in these neighborhoods, working to provide reliable service:
- Arroyo/South Arbor Heights: installing underground conduits, vaults and streetlights to replace aging infrastructure
- Downtown Seattle: replacing a damaged underground duct bank on Marion Street to maintain reliability
- Miller Park: installing a battery energy storage system, solar panels and microgrid controls at Miller Community Center
- Service Area: replacing aging utility poles throughout the service area to enhance safety and reliability
For a detailed list of City Light construction projects, please visit the Current Projects section of our website.
Questions, comments or suggestions?
Email us at SCL_ExternalComms@seattle.gov.