You’re invited to enjoy some free, spontaneous fun while learning about solar energy during SolarFest on Saturday, July 27, at Shoreline Community College from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Seattle City Light is a sponsor.
- Performances by Casper Babypants (11 a.m.), Baby Gramps (2 p.m.), Gallus Brothers (3:30 p.m.), Louis Ledford (5 p.m.), Hot Damn Scandal (6:30 p.m.)
- Ciscoe Morris, “Gardening with Ciscoe” is a featured speaker (2 p.m.)
- Drawing for a free Sunergy Systems “1.0kW Solar Electric Starter System”
- Barter Fair, bring your home grown or homemade items to trade (2-4 p.m.)
- KidZone, mini solar car give-a-way (first 300 kids) then race your car
- NW EcoBuilding workshops, hourly from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Transportation Zone features electric bikes, motorcycle, cars
- Exhibits, Presentations on inside and outside stages, urban livestock, KIDZone, Transportation Zone, Solar Cooking Demonstrations, Live Music, Food and Beer Garden.
NW SolarFest is an outdoor annual regional event supported by the City of Shoreline, Shoreline Community College, Seattle City Light and many others and is organized by Shoreline Solar Project. The free event will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Shoreline Community College, 16101 Greenwood Ave North, with the beer garden and the live music continuing until 8 p.m.
Metro Route 5, 331 and 345 serve the college on Saturdays.