The state of Washington is enhancing its Cash for Appliances rebate program, which could mean additional savings for Seattle City Light customers who buy Energy Star appliances.
Among the changes, the state increased its clothes washer rebate to $150 and added a $750 rebate for ductless heat pumps. When combined with Seattle City Light rebates, the cash back on a qualified Energy Star clothes washer is $250 and on a ductless heat pump it’s $1,950!
If you already bought a clothes washer and submitted an eligible application or received a rebate check for $100, the state will automatically send you a check for the additional $50.
Other rebates offered by the Cash for Appliances program are:
- ENERGY STAR® Refrigerators (≥ 9 cubic feet, with proof of decommissioning/recycling); $75 rebate
- ENERGY STAR® Dishwashers (≤ 307 kWh/year and ≤ 5.0 gallons per cycle); $75 rebate
- ENERGY STAR® Heat Pump Water Heaters (EF ≥ 2.0) and must be installed by a licensed contractor; $250 rebate
- ENERGY STAR® Gas Storage Water Heaters (EF ≥ 0.67); $200 rebate
- ENERGY STAR® Gas Tankless Water Heaters (EF ≥ 0.90) and must be installed by a licensed contractor; $300 rebate
Cash for Appliances Washington rebates are only available until funds are exhausted. Washington State sales tax must be paid unless the appliance is installed by a contractor, purchased at a Washington military exchange or from a Washington retailer and have a Native American exemption. Additional information including eligibility requirements, qualified appliances as well as the application form and instructions are available at retail locations or at www.cashforapplianceswa.com.
This program is Funded by the U.S. Department of Energy and administered by the Washington State Department of Commerce.
For more information about Seattle City Light Rebates, visit www.seattle.gov/light/conserve/.