Seattle City Light is excited to announce that the Forebay Recreation Area at its Boundary Dam in northeastern Washington is now OPEN. The campground, day-use area, and boat launch were reopened in May after substantial improvements.
The recreation area located adjacent to the the dam offers the following amenities to recreationists:
- Capacity: 22 sites. Includes six walk-in tent sites, three car camp sites, and 12 RV sites. Class C RV’s can be accommodated.
- Fees and Reservations: Free. First-come, first-served. No reservations.
- Stays limited to six consecutive nights.
- Facilities and Services: Flush toilets and potable water available. No hook-ups, dump station, or showers. Sites have fire rings and picnic tables.
Day Use Area
- Seven day-use picnic tables
- Four BBQ grills
- One large group shelter with four picnic tables
- 14 day-use parking stalls
- Extended boat ramp lane so boats may be launched/retrieved with fewer problems due to fluctuating water elevations
- 13 parking spots for trucks and trailers
- Tie-down area
- Short-term moorage only (maximum 30 minutes)
Boundary Dam is located on the Pend Oreille River and produces approximately 55% of the power supply owned by City Light.
For additional information on the Forebay Recreation Area , please call (509) 446-3083 or email SCL_Recreation@seattle.gov.