Seattle City Light is supporting enhanced cellular and data services in various Seattle neighborhoods by attaching low-power omni-directional antennas and equipment cabinets to existing utility poles within the public right-of-way.
Contracted crews will be working in the following areas:
- Belltown (Wall Street)
- Central District (Martin Luther King Jr Way)
- Chinatown-International District (South Lane Street)
- Fauntleroy (Fauntleroy Way Southwest)
- First Hill (East Pike Street)
- Georgetown (South Michigan Street / 6th Avenue South / 13th Avenue South)
- Leschi (East Yesler Way)
- Phinney Ridge (North 50th Street)
- Queen Anne (West Roy Street / 3rd Avenue West / Elliott Avenue West)
- West Seattle
- Westlake (Dexter Avenue North)
This project is an expansion of existing communications networks and the new facilities will increase public safety and enhanced-911 capabilities. This work will also improve wireless services, allowing for enhanced connectivity and faster 4G service. During this project, City Light crews will have the opportunity to upgrade its infrastructure and replace poles that are in poor condition.
What you can expect:
- Affected customers will be notified in advance of all construction activities.
- Maintenance power outages are not planned for this work.
- Some traffic and parking impacts are expected in the immediate work area. Traffic control flaggers will be used where needed on residential streets.
- Crews will be careful to try and maintain access to driveways.
- Crews may be working in other areas before entering your neighborhood.
Construction is estimated to begin in late October/early November 2018. The entire project is estimated to last approximately three to four weeks. Daily work hours are from Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For more information, customers can contact Terry Joaquin, Mobilitie Project Manager (Seattle City Light Consultant) at (657) 261-3863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Seattle City Light’s “At Work in Your Neighborhood” website for the latest updates on this project and others in your neighborhood.